Our church began when the Haldane brothers visited Fraserburgh at the turn of the 19th century. In 1803 a local draper provided a room above his shop for the church members to meet in, this was next to the present site of the church. Eventually a church was built in 1852.
One of the early prominent families of the church was the Park family. James Park build the first secondary school in the tow., In 1923 the school became surplus since a new school was built. Mr Thomas Macaulay (who founded Sun Life Insurance in Canada) decided to buy the school for the church to be used as our halls. This was in memory of his father who had been a church member.
You uniformed organisations were formed over 60 years ago. Over the years the various age groups associated with the Boys Brigade and Guiding have been introduced. Although the numbers attending have fluctuated they have never been in threat of closure, until recently
The darkest day in our history was on the 26th May 2000 when our church building was destroyed in a fire started by vandals. On 23rd May 2003 the new church was dedicated.
In 2000, many of the Scottish Congregational Churches, including Fraserburgh, joined the United Reformed Church. Within the denomination the congregation is part of the National Synod of Scotland.